City of Newcastle Oklahoma
- Insurance Protection Class “6”
- Partially funded by city 3/4 cent sales tax approved by voters in 2000, as well as a county 1/2 cent sales tax approved by voters in 2006.
- The Department personnel operate on three different shifts (Blue, Green and Red). Each are 24-hour shifts (7:00 am to 7:00 am). They are on duty 24 hours, off 24, on 24, off 24, on 24, off 4 days. In addition to emergency response services, firefighters continually train and take care of their firehouses and equipment.
- Must contact the Department for burn permit. If permit is not registered with the Department, burn is illegal and subject to fine. Guidelines for permit issuance>>
- Story of the Maltese Cross
- Firefighter's Prayer
Emergency Medical Services:
- Emergency Medical Services for the Newcastle City Limits are provided by The McClain/Grady County E.M.S. - 405.485.2000, PO Box 43, Blanchard, OK 73010.
- The McClain/Grady County E.M.S. provides three levels of service:
- E.M.S. - Emergency Medical Service provided by ground ambulance.
- Emergency - Emergency callstake first priority. McClain/Grady County E.M.S. responds immediately with warning lights and sirens.
- Urgent - A medical situation where the prompt but not necessarily immediate attention is required. Generally, the E.M.S. responds in 30 minutes or less without the aid of emergency warning lights and sirens.
- To become a member (annual fee of $54.00 - subject to change with notice) of the McClain/Grady County E.M.S., contact the number above or pick an application at the Newcastle Chamber of Commerce.
Safety Tips for Community:
top of page