Parks, Recreation and Beautification Committee
- Meets the Third Wednesday of every month
- Current Members: (Five member committee, minimum)
- Orvis McMahan
- Karl Evans
- Cindy Frizzell
- Wayne McDoulett
- Janie McCandless
- Tiffany Elcyzyn
- Jeanette Lore, Chamber of Commerce (Ex-Officio)
- Jeremy Ballard, Alternate
- Kenneth Rice, Alternate
- Rules for use of Park and Recreational Areas
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Makes rules and regulations governing the parks and recreation facilities; and
- Advises the City Manager of the need for construction, care, management and developments of all city parks and recreation areas ('86 Code, § 1-47, § 37.09 Park and Recreation Board) (Am. Ord. 302, passed 2-9-93)
Leesa Cornett Park: This 2 acre park in remembrance of Newcastle native, Leesa Cornett, Miss Oklahoma 1987. This park is equipped with a playground, picnic tables, pavillion, restrooms and volleyball courts.
Lions Park: This 5 Acre park was donated to the City of Newcastle. This park is located next to Newcastle Fire Department's Station 3 (unmanned). It is equipped with a playground, pavillon and tennis court.
Puckett Park: This 2 acre was donated to the City of Newcastle by the Puckett Family (appropriately named) in 1978. This park is located by the Newcastle Police Department and Fire Department. It is equipped with picnic tables and a fountain.
Veterans Park: This is the largest park in Newcastle, encompassing 25 acres near the Newcastle Elementary School and Newcastle Public Library and Multi Purpose Center. This park is equipped with picnic tables, restrooms, pavillon, soccer fields, baseball fields, volley ball courts and a basketball court. It is the home of the Newcastle Antique Tractor Club on the West end of the park.
If you are interested in reserving one of these local parks for private use, you may contact City Hall (405)387-4427 for more information and fees.