The City of Newcastle has adopted the form of government of Council-Manager. The City Council consists of five council members. Each member serves a four-year term and must live in the ward they represent.
The position of Mayor and Vice-Mayor are chosen by the members of the Council at the first meeting following regular elections of new members.
All registered voters of the City are eligible to vote for any Council candidate, no matter which ward the candidate will represent.
The members of the City Council are not compensated for their role on the council and do not maintain an office at City Hall.
City Council Members as follows:
- Ward 1: Jimmy Gurley, term expires April 2019
- Ward 2: Gene Reid, Mayor, term expires April 2019
- Ward 3: Mike Fullerton, term expires April 2021
- Ward 4: Karl Nail, term expires April 2021
- At-Large: Joe Covey, Vice-Mayor, term expires April 2021
Please click on the Ward Map to view the location of your property..
Should you need to contact a member of the City Council, please call the City Hall (405)387-4427 to leave a message.