City of Newcastle Oklahoma
Below is a current list of available employment opportunites with the City of Newcastle. You may obtain an application BELOW or by visiting City Hall. Some positions will either require a job application, resume or both. All applications/resumes will need to be submitted to City Hall, Human Resource Department by mail, fax, e-mail or in person.
City of Newcastle
120 NE 2nd
P.O. Box 179
Newcastle, OK 73065
Currently Available Positions
The City of Newcastle is accepting applications for a full-time Communication Specialist/Dispatcher. Position is open until filled. Employee benefits are paid by the City; $13.00 per hour to start.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a valid Oklahoma Law Enforcement Telecommunication Terminal Operator certification within the first year of service;
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma State Driver’s license or obtain said license within 10 days of employment & maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record;
- No felony conviction in any municipal, state or federal court or any conviction of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude in any court;
- Requires a high school diploma or GED;
- Requires knowledge of general clerical work;
- Drug screen and background check required.
Water Truck Driver
The City of Newcastle Water Department is taking applications for a full-time Oklahoma Class B CDL licensed driver; air endorsement and highway experience is required. An Oklahoma Class D Water License is required within six months of employment. This position has a starting pay of $13.00/hour. Primary job will consist of hauling lime base residual. Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Drug screen and background check required.
Must be at least 21 years of age; Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent; Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license; No felony convictions or charges of domestic abuse; Must pass a Personal History Statement, a background investigation, a psychological evaluation; Must pass a hiring board; Be able to pass CLEET Academy. Beginning salary $30,500 annually. Benefits include city-paid health, dental and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; comp time; and holiday pay. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Reserve Police Officer
The City of Newcastle is seeking applications for the position of Reserve Police Officer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- No felony convictions or charges of domestic abuse.
- Must pass a Personal History Statement;
- Must pass a background investigation;
- Must pass a psychological evaluation;
- Must pass a hiring board;
- Be able to pass CLEET/Reserve Academy.
To apply, use the Police Department Employment Application (below)
Equal Opportunity Employer
|The City of Newcastle is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The City of Newcastle is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.